ToxLearn4EU – Toxicology Innovative Learning For Europe
Project leader: Bertrand Pourrut (France)
IMI Participants: Mirta Milić, Marko Gerić, Goran Gajski
Action Type: KA220-HED – Cooperation partnerships in higher education
Field: Higher Education
Duration: 31.1.2022. – 31.1.2025.
Objectives: The Erasmus ToxLearn4EU project was built by a consortium of 7 HEIs and 3 research centres and laboratory. It aims to modernize of Toxicology and Ecotoxicology teaching in Europe and has several objectives and target audiences:
- develop and use innovative and free educational resources interactive courses, online PBL) in order to develop high quality digital education
- provide innovative content on current hot topics in the field of Toxicology/Ecotoxicology to fit with recent evolution of European Policy (Action Plan: ‘Towards Zero Pollution’) and with job market needs
- stimulate interest of students for those fields and limit school dropout by putting students back at the centre of teaching through the use of active pedagogies adapted to digital practice to recreate interactions between students, between students and teachers, and by stimulating their motivation through playful approaches.
The project meets the needs of:
- students by stimulating their interest and limiting school dropout, putting them back at the centre of teaching through the use of active pedagogies adapted to digital practice to recreate interactions between students, between students and teachers, and by stimulating their motivation through playful approaches.
- teachers by proposing stimulating online courses which can be integrated in their own courses, or by motivating them to design and create their own new innovative courses.
- partners by modernizing part of their curricula.
- stakeholders of toxicology and ecotoxicology by developing student and lifelong learner competencies adapted to job market and up-to-date to recent changes at the European Level (Green Deal)
- European Commission by modifying curricula and developing courses adapted to the Green Deal. This will contribute to reach the ambitious objectives of EU Action Plan Towards Zero Pollution.