ISCH COST Action TD1206 (StanDerm)- Development and Implementation of European Standards on Prevention of Occupational Skin Diseases
ISCH COST Action TD1206 (StanDerm) is a new four-year COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) project initiated in May 2013, which includes experts from 26 countries working together to develop and implement European standards into the prevention of occupational skin diseases. Members of the Management Board and participating experts comprise researchers and professionals in the fields of occupational health, dermatology, and chemistry from four Croatian institutions: Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health, Croatian Institute for Health Protection and Safety at Work, Clinical Hospital Centre Zagreb, and the Faculty of Food Technology and Biotechnology of the University of Zagreb. More details on the project are available here.
This COST project is closely related to other European activities aimed at strengthening the prevention of occupational skin diseases in the European Union, in which the Republic of Croatia takes part through the work of researchers from the Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health:
1. European Initiative for the Prevention of Occupational Skin Diseases (European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, EADV) – “healthy skin@work”
The analysis of data obtained within the Croatian segment of the SafeHair project was published in the article:
- Kujundžić Brkulj M, Macan J. Zaštita kože na radu u hrvatskih frizera (rezultati EvaHair upitnika provedenog u sklopu EU projekta SafeHair). Arh Hig Rada Toksikol 2013;64:295-302
The following experts from the Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health take part in the work of the abovementioned projects:
- Jelena Macan, MD, PhD, specialist in occupational and sports medicine, as a member of the COST project Management Board and a participant in the preventative campaign and project SafeHair;
- Željka Babić, MSc Pharm as a participant in the COST project;
- Marija Kujundžić Brkulj, M. Eng. Med. Lab. Diag. as a participant in the SafeHair project.
Through their participation in the COST project and continuous work, the Croatian Institute for Health Protection and Safety at Work also gives a significant contribution to the prevention of occupational skin diseases.