Blanka Tariba Lovaković
PhD/ Senior Scientific Associate
Place and date of birth
Rijeka, 27 July 1985
- 2010 – 2015 PhD, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- 2003 – 2009 MSc, Degree in Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- October 2009 – Analytical Toxicology and Mineral Metabolism Unit, Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health, Zagreb, Croatia
Fields of interest
- oxidative stress/antioxidant enzymes activities and inhibition
- assessment of human exposure to essential and toxic elements by biomonitoring; interactions of metals
- reproductive toxicity
- development and application of new analytical methods regarding metal and antioxidant enzyme analysis
- 2016 – Fundamentals of proteomics course, Zagreb, Croatia
- 2016 – Clinical and applied proteomics workshop, Zagreb, Croatia
- 2016 – EUROTOX Principles of Toxicology Course, Zagreb, Croatia
- 2016/2015 – Education and training at Helmholz Zentrum München Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit and Umwelt, Research Unit Analytical BioGeoChemistry, Germany
- 2015 – InnoMol Molecular Interactions Workshop, Zagreb, Croatia
- 2014 – InnoMol Proteomics Workshop, Zagreb, Croatia
- 2013 – Fundamentals of designing and communicating scientific research, Zagreb, Croatia
- 2013 – Course in Cancer Risk Assessment, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2011 – EUROTOX Basic Toxicology Course, Belgrade, Serbia
- Award for research excellence, XI Conference of the International Society for Trace Element Research in Humans (ISTERH), 2015, Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Tariba B, Živković T, Filipović Marijić V, Erk M, Gamulin M, Pizent A. Does the Serum Metallothionein Level Reflect the Stage of Testicular Germ Cell Tumor? Archives of medical research 47 (2016);232-235.
- Želježić D, Mladinić M, Žunec S, Lucić Vrdoljak A, Kašuba V, Tariba B, Živković T, Marjanović AM, Pavičić I, Milić M, Rozgaj R, Kopjar N. Cytotoxic, genotoxic and biochemical markers of insecticide toxicity evaluated in human peripheral blood lymphocytes and an HepG2 cell line. Food and chemical toxicology 96(2016);90-106.
- Žunec S, Kašuba V, Pavičić I, Marjanović AM, Tariba B, Milić M, Kopjar N, Pizent A, Lucić Vrdoljak A, Rozgaj R, Želježić D. Assessment of oxidative stress responses and the cytotoxic and genotoxic potential of the herbicide tembotrione in HepG2 cells. Food and Chemical Toxicology 94(2016);64-74.
- Tariba B, Živković T, Krasnići N, Filipović Marijić V, Erk M, Gamulin M, Grgić M, Pizent A. Serum metallothionein in patients with testicular cancer. Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology 75(2015);813-820.
- Živković T, Tariba B, Pizent A. Multielement analysis of human seminal plasma by octopole reaction cell ICP-MS. Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry 29(2014);2114-2126.
- Babić Ž, Tariba B, Kovačić J, Varnai VM, Pizent A, Macan J. Relevance of serum copper elevation induced by oral contraceptives: a meta-analysis. Contraception 87(2013);790-800.
- Croatian Chemical Society
- Croatian Society of Toxicology
- International Society for Trace Element Research in Humans