Occupational Health and Environmental Medicine
- Medicina rada Instituta za medicinska istraživanja i medicinu rada d.o.o.
Director: Prim Jelena Macan, PhD, specialist in occupational and sports medicine
tel: +385 1 4682 606, fax +385 1 2348 385
Policlinic is a limited liability company for services in occupational health and internal medicine.
The following health services are provided in the policlinic:
- pre-placement and periodical medical examination of employees
- diagnosis of occupational diseases
- evaluation of fitness for work
- clinical and toxicological opinions
- diagnosis of allergic diseases
- skin tests
- specific immunotherapy
- nasal and bronchoprovocation testing
- PEF monitoring
- determination of nitrogen oxides in exhaled air
- digital photoplethysmography
- Expert witness reports in the field of occupational health (prim. Jelena Macan, PhD), psychology (Jasminka Bobić, PhD), and toxicology (Rajka Turk, MSc)
- Psychological tests (Jasminka Bobić, PhD)
Scientific and research projects carried out between 2007 and 2013
- Allergotoxic effects of general and occupational environment (Jelena Macan)
- Effects of general and work environment on musculo-skeletal system (Selma Cvijetić Avdagić)
- Problem sleepiness: sociocultural,behavioural and psychophysiological aspects (Biserka Radošević Vidaček)
- Reproductive health effects of toxic andessential metals in men (Alica Pizent)
- Morbidity and mortality risk assessment in Croatian population: a follow-up study (Mladen Pavlović)
- Biological markers of activity of electromagnetic nonionizing radiation (Ivančica Trošić)
In November 2014, the Croatian Institute for Health Protection and Safety at Work, Croatian Society of Occupational Health of the Croatian Medical Association and Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health co-published professional guidelines Approach to Occupational Skin Diseases in Occupational Medicine.
The editors were Ana Bogadi Šare and Jelena Macan.
Croatian translation of documents:
Sonsmann F, Beaumann A, Wilke A, John S M, Sulfhorst B. Occupational skin diseases in the hairdressing trade – Medical reference document. EU Project SafeHair 2.0, University of Osnabruck, 2011.
Brošura za frizere
Brochure for hairdressers
Transnational ESF Project ‘A Close Shave’. Take care of your self! Skin prevention and ergonomics for hairdressers. Available by clicking here.
Occupational Health and Environmental Medicine Unit
T +385 1 2348 355
F +385 1 2348 385